When a direct export into EndNote Online isn't available, you can usually save your sources in a generic format that will import.
- Search for and select/mark sources within the chosen database
Visit this guide if you are exporting from RefWorks and then continue on from Step #3
- From the selected/marked list, export the sources either as an RIS or tab-delimited file
- Within EndNote Online, select the Import link from the Collect Tab
- Click the Browse button to find and select the export file containing your sources
- From the Filter drop down menu, select the RIS or tab-delimited filter
- If desired, select a group from the To drop down menu
- Click the Import button
For more information on Importing Tab-delimited files, view this help page
Several database vendors provide specific filters for exporting, view this list of vendors for more specific instructions.