From WHO advice for the public: Myth busters:
- COVID-19 can be transmitted in ALL AREAS and climates, including hot and humid weather.
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the virus.
- Taking a hot bath does not kill the new coronavirus.
- It CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Hand dryers alone are not effective in killing the virus. Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Flu vaccines and pneumonia vaccines do not protect you from the new coronavirus.
- People of all ages can be infected with the new coronavirus.
- To date, there is no specific medicine to prenvent or treat the new coronavirus. Treatment can relieve symptoms, but not the virus itself.