Sometimes, your instructor will give you just the citation of an article you need to read for class. Use the following steps to find articles using the Citation Linker.
1. Starting at the Library's homepage, select the "Articles" tab of the Milner Library search box, and then click "advanced search."
2. At the advanced search page, click "Citation Finder" at the top of the page.
3. Enter your citation information in the form. Enter as much information as you have for the best match.
4. If the Citation Linker finds a match, it will open a record for the article. In the example shown, there is a physical copy available in the stacks, as well as a match online. If you scroll down the page, you'll see what databases have this article online. Select one of the databases and click on the link to view the article.
5. Depending on what database the article is in, there will be different ways to view the full text. Two examples of where to find links to PDFs of full text are shown in screenshots below.
Illinois State University
Campus Box 8900
201 North School Street
Normal, Il 61790-8900
Have comments or questions about our guides?
Please contact Instruction and Student Engagement: