This guide, developed specifically for students enrolled in ENG 145, provides strategies and resources for finding examples of a rhetorical genre, writings about writing, types of sources, evaluating information, and citing sources.
- About Milner Library: get a quick overview of what is available in the library and some quick help tips.
- Searching Options: watch these videos to learn how to search the library catalog and databases to find examples of your genre and supporting information
- Finding Genre Examples in Milner: this page specifically covers ways to find examples of different rhetorical genres.
- Types of Articles: one common information source students use for a variety of their projects is articles. This page explains the difference between the different types.
- Evaluating Information: learn about a variety of options to determine if a source is both credible and relevant to your source.
- Citing Sources: identify the different styles and methods for in-text citing and reference formatting.
- Request a Research Consultation: use this form to request a one-on-consultation with your section's partnered librarian.