Zotero is a free, open source tool that allows you to easily collect, organize, cite, and share sources. Check out our Zotero web guide to learn more and get started.
- You use a browser extension to save source information to your library. The browser extension automatically recognizes multiple sources like articles books, videos, and images on the web.
- In your Zotero Library, you can organize your sources into collections or folders and use tags for easy searching.
- Using the word processor plugin (Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, and Google Docs), format in-text citations and bibliographies in numerous style guides such as APA, MLA, or Chicago.
- The Zotero desktop app easily syncs with your online library to allow access to sources around the globe.
- Lastly, Zotero’s Group feature allows for easy collaboration for group projects and research.