If the Browser Connector isn't working or you need to export a large number of records, you can save your sources in a generic format that you import into your Zotero library. Note: this option is not available with all types of search results.
- Search for and select or mark sources within the chosen database
- From the selected/marked list, export or save the sources either as an RIS or other file format*
- Note: Wording differs among databases but is most often labeled as Export or Save
- Within Zotero, choose the Import… option from the File menu.
- Choose the A file (BibTex, RIS, Zotero RDF, etc.) option and click the Next button
- Browse to your RIS file, select it, and click the Open button.
- If you do not have a collection/folder created, check the Place new collections and items in a new collection option
- Select the Copy files to the Zotero storage folder and click the Next button
- Once the file is imported, click the Finish button to close the Import window
- If you checked Place in a new collection option, the collection will be given the RIS files name.
- If you didn't check Place in a new collection option, they are added to the main library and you will need to drag and drop them into an existing collection
*Note: you can also open the RIS file with Zotero directly. See this list of standardized file formats supported by Zotero.