To share sources with another person or group of people, you need to use the Group feature. Groups are a separate library. Sources added to a group are not automatically added to you personal Library.
Creating a Group
- Click the New Library button and then New Group....
- You will be redirected to the Zotero website and prompted to login if not already.
If you do not have an account or forgot your password, click either Register for a free account or the Forgot your password? link
- Enter a name for the group.
- Choose the access level of the group
- Public, Open Membership - Anyone can view and join the group instantly.
- Public, Closed Membership - Anyone can view the group, but must ask to join.
- Private Membership - Only members can view the group, and new members must be invited to join.
- Click the Create Group button
- On the next page, adjust the group settings and click the Save Settings button
Adding Members to a Group
If you group access level is either closed or private membership, you need to invite others to join the group so they can access the sources added to the group.
- Click the Member Settings for the specific group
- Click the Send More Invitations links
- In the Invite Members box, add one or more email addresses separated by a comma
- Click the Invite Members button.
- The invited individuals will get an email invitation to join the group.
Deleting Members of a Group
- Log into Zotero.org account
- Click the Groups tab
- Click the Member Settings link under the group's title
- In the Role drop down menu next to the person's name, select Remove.